Grilled Pumpkin Soup
Perfect for those chilly autumn nights, this grilled pumpkin soup recipe is hearty, rich, and full of flavor. Kick off this fall with a grilled pumpkin soup!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 pound sugar pie pumpkin
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet grill to 350-400°F.
- Using a sturdy knife, cut the pumpkin into slices. Scrape the seeds and stringy fibers from the interior and discard.
- Place the pumpkin slices along with the garlic and onion into a grill pan and put the tray into the grill.
- Grill them for 10-12 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- In a large pot, combine the pumpkin, garlic, and onions with olive oil, salt, pepper, cream, honey, and vegetable stock. Let it simmer for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve with a generous swirl of cream.