Grilled Mango with Shrimp
- Z Grills 7002C2E Wood Pellet Grill
- Z Grills Apple Wood Pellets
- Zipper Bag
- Metal skewers
- 4 ripe mangos
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon lemon or lime zest
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black or red pepper
- Pit and peel the mangos. Cut the flesh into ½-inch thick wedges.
- Thread the mango wedges onto skewers and brush with maple syrup. Set aside.
- Whisk the maple syrup (for the shrimp), soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and lime zest in a bowl.
- Add the shrimp, toss to coat, and leave to sit as the grill heats up.
- Preheat your Z-Grills (preferably with branded apple wood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers (do not mix the mango and shrimp)—season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mango skewers and shrimp skewers to the grill, close the lid, and grill for 3 minutes.
- Flip and grill for another 3 minutes, then remove the grilled mango and shrimp from the grill.
- Arrange on a platter and serve.