Grilled Ham and Cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 4 slices deli-sliced ham
- 1 sliced Roma tomato, optional
- Preheat your Z Grills Pellet Grill (preferably with branded wood pellets) or other wood pellet grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the grill pan or skillet on the grill and close the grill to preheat.
- Meanwhile, butter the outside of each slice of bread.
- Combine the cheese and garlic in a bowl, then divide the cheese between the slices of bread. Follow with the ham and sliced tomato, if using. Close each sandwich.
- Transfer the sandwiches to the grill pan or skillet. Use a grill press to flatten the sandwiches.
- Close the grill’s lid and cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover, flip the sandwiches, and grill for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the sandwiches from the grill and serve.