Grilled Cowboy Steak
A biting of a perfectly cooked cowboy steak is the reward.
- 2 cowboy steaks about 1 3/4 inches to 2 inches thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Combine all the rub ingredients and slather onto both sides of the cowboy steaks.
- Preheat pellet grill to 225 degrees F.
- Place steaks on the cooking grate and cook until the internal temperature reaches 120 degrees F (about 45 minutes).
- Remove steaks from grill, cover it and set aside. Turn pellet grill to the HIGH setting.
- Place steaks back on the hot grill. After 4 minutes, rotate 45 degrees to create a diamond pattern of sear marks. After 4 minutes turn it over and repeat on the other side.
- Once seared to perfection, remove steaks from grill and place onto a clean cutting board. Let rest for 5-7 minutes and serve with a dollop of flavored butter on top, or carve and share.