Grilled Cowboy Steak
- Combine all the rub ingredients and slather onto both sides of the cowboy steaks.
- Preheat pellet grill to 225 degrees F.
- Place steaks on the cooking grate and cook until the internal temperature reaches 120 degrees F (about 45 minutes).
- Remove steaks from grill, cover it and set aside. Turn pellet grill to the HIGH setting.
- Place steaks back on the hot grill. After 4 minutes, rotate 45 degrees to create a diamond pattern of sear marks. After 4 minutes turn it over and repeat on the other side.
- Once seared to perfection, remove steaks from grill and place onto a clean cutting board. Let rest for 5-7 minutes and serve with a dollop of flavored butter on top, or carve and share.