Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill
- Z Grills Competition Blend Pellets
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs about ¼ lb each
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- use approximately 1 tablespoon per thigh of your favorite dry rub
FOR THE GLAZE:
- ¾ cup your favorite bbq sauce
- ¾ cup rasberry jam
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- Preheat Z Grills Pellet Grill to 450 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry each chicken thigh.
- Trim excess fat. The idea is to make each thigh look uniform.
- Drizzle each thigh with a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then liberally apply dry rub to each thigh. Use approximately 1 tablespoon of the rub per thigh.
- Prepare Glaze: Place the glaze ingredients in a saucepan over high heat and bring to a bubble.
- Turn heat down to simmer and let reduce for approximately 10 minutes. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Place chicken thighs on the grill. (If using charcoal, place over direct heat and sear each side. If chicken skin is browning too much move to indirect heat but leave the temperature at med/high.)
- When the internal temperature of each thigh is 155 degrees glaze both sides of the chicken and then place back onto the grill.
- Cook until the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Remove from heat and glaze the chicken thighs again and let sit for 10 minutes.