Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Z Grills Smoker Grill
- Z Grills Fruit Wood Pellets
- 7 oz good quality dark chocolate; melted
- 5 eggs; separated
- Pinch salt
- 6.5 oz caster sugar
- 7 oz butter; cubed at room temperature
- 7 oz ground almonds
- 1 oz cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Icing sugar; for dusting
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet grill to 350 °F.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then beat in the yolks, one at a time.
- Gently fold in the almonds.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt in a separate bowl until stiff.
- Sift the baking powder and cocoa powder into the cake mix and fold in gently, then fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the mix into an 8.5” round spring form cake tin (greased and lined), smooth over, and bake in the center of the grill for about 50 minutes. If the top starts to dry out after 25-30 minutes, cover with foil.