Crispy Smoked Chicken Wings
- 5 pounds of chicken wings (flats and drumettes)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dry your chicken wings thoroughly on all sides with a paper towel. Place them in a zip-top bag.
- Add the baking powder and salt to the wings, close the bag, and toss to coat evenly.
- Preheat your smoker to 250°F using your favorite wood. Place the wings directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and smoke for 30 minutes.
- Increase the heat in your smoker to 425°F and continue cooking for 45 more minutes, or until the internal temperature of the wing reads 175°F. You can rotate or flip the wings as needed to maintain even cooking.
- Remove the wings from the grill and serve. You can serve plain, toss in your favorite BBQ seasoning or hot sauce.