Crispy Smoked Chicken Wings
- Z Grills Pellet Smoker
- Z Grills Competition Blend Pellets
- 5 pounds of chicken wings (flats and drumettes)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pat dry the chicken wings with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Place the wings in a zip-top bag.
- Add baking powder and salt to the wings in the bag. Seal the bag and shake it to evenly coat the wings.
- Preheat your smoker to 250°F and add your preferred wood pellet for smoking. Place the wings directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and smoke for 30 minutes.
- Increase the temperature of the smoker to 425°F and continue cooking the wings for another 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 175°F. Rotate or flip the wings as necessary for even cooking.
- Once the wings are done, remove them from the grill and serve. You can serve them plain or toss them in your favorite BBQ seasoning or hot sauce.