Cider Brined Smoked Turkey Breast
There is not a more juicy and flavorful turkey than the cider brined smoked turkey breast. It comes out extremely tender and delicious with a tasty edge that will make everyone say wow with every bite!
- 1 4-5 pounds boneless turkey breast (fresh, not previously brined)
- 1 tablespoon Signature Sweet Rub
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Signature Sweet Rub (or your favorite BBQ seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, Combine all ingredients for the brine and whisk until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Submerge the turkey breast in the brine. Cover and refrigerate for 8 to12 hours.
- Preheat your pellet smoker to 275 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey breast from the brine and pat dry. Sprinkle the turkey breast on all sides with the sweet rub seasoning (or your favorite seasoning).
- Place the turkey breast on the grill, close the lid, and smoke for approximately 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey from the smoker. Cover lightly with foil, let it rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.