Cheesecake with Bourbon Pecan Topping
Get ready to kick your taste bud to a new dimension with this cheesecake with Bourbon Pecan Topping! The rich flavor of the crunchy graham cracker crust, warm brown sugar cheesecake filling, the caramelized flavor of bourbon, and a gooey pecan pie topping will immediately fill your entire mouth with one bite.
- 12 ounce Oreos
- 6 ounce melted butter
- 24 ounce cream cheese – room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbs bourbon
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 8 tbsp corn syrup dark corn syrup recommended
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/8 tbsp salt
- 3/4 cup rough chopped pecans (smoked pecans recommended)
Before You Start
- Preheat your Z Grills pellet grill to 350 °F.
- Wrap foil on the bottom and up the sides of a 9” spring-form pan (outside of pan).
- Butter the bottom & insides of the pan.
- Throw ingredients in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- Spread in 9” cheesecake pan on bottom & about ½ way upsides.
- Place 8 oz of cream cheese in mixer bowl with 1/3 of sugar & cornstarch.Mix until smooth andcreamy.
- Add another 8 oz cream cheese andbeat until smooth, then add remaining cream cheese,beating until smooth.
- Then mix in the rest of the sugar, bourbon & vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each one.
- Add the heavy cream and mix just until smooth. Reminder: Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared crust.
- Mix all together except pecans.
- Sprinkle pecans on top of cheesecake batter.
- Pour topping over cheesecake batter.
- Place in a pan big enough to hold a spring-form pan. Pour boiling water in the roasting pan to come up about ½ way up the spring-form pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 75 minutes until the top just barely jiggles. Carefully take the pan out of water-bath and put on cooling rack.
- Let cool for 2 hours in pan. After 2 hours put in fridge until totally chilled then serve.